Sunday 18 November 2012

Wonderful Winter Hats

(This post is part of my Frosty Festivities Blog Event)

One of the things I love about winter is that I can grab the duffel bag full of woolly hats, scarves, and gloves down from the top of the wardrobe, and start wearing them again! I'll admit I'm less excited about the gloves since we had children and I have to spend ages putting them on the kids, only for them to lose one 3 minutes later!

I still LOVE hats though! There's something so comforting about wearing a woolly hat. Here's two of my favourites:

Grey Hat With Snowflakes:


I bought this for myself years ago, when I used to work at Claire's Accessories. I love it because it covers my ears so well, and I can even tie it under my chin to really keep the cold air out when it's windy - perfect for wintry seaside walks!

Christmas Pudding Hat:


My Mum bought this for me for Christmas two years ago, and it's so fun to wear! It makes me feel very festive, and I love to wear it in the run up to Christmas, and definitely if we go for a stroll on Christmas day!

I had lots of warm winter hats, but until recently I didn't have any pretty 'occasion' winter hats - the kind you could wear to meet up with friends and feel special. I know it won't keep my head warm at all, but I love this new winter fascinator that I made.

Winter Fascinator:


It's got perfect frosty hues, and even a little bit of twinkle! I made this at the 101+ Ways With Glitter Book Launch, with the help of Hatastic who ran the workshop!

Be Inspired:
  • Go take photos of your favourite winter wear, and blog about it or scrapbook it (or both!)
  • Make a winter item with felt and sparkles
  • Make a project that looks like a Christmas pudding!

Don't forget that a comment on this post, or on any of my posts from this weekend, will count as an entry into the Grand Giveaway {NOW CLOSED} - but only if you've registered your interest in winning that here!

Do you wear woolly hats in the winter? I'll be back shortly! x

21 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

I must admit I'm not really a hat person......but that first one does look so warm and snuggly.

Scrapdolly said...

I love my hats and bought a furry one yesterday but it has been hidden for santa
I wear a stetson a lot - it is leather, keeps me dry, keeps the rain of my glasses and is very practical

Jackie said...

Love your hats!! I don't wear hats...for any occasion but they suit you!! I did wear a really big hat for my daughter's wedding...but has been in the hat box ever since!! LOL

To boldly polish said...

Hats are one of the best things about winter! I have tons of different ones, one for every mood. But a winter fascinator... now that's brilliant!

Lesley G said...

I love hats but they just don't love me. On the other hand my daughter could wear a bucket on her head and still look gorgeous!!!

humel said...

That's a gorgeous fascinator :) I love hats and scarves - I have a huge collection myself!

Zahra said...

Generally, no hats for me! If it's really cold and I'm off work, I have one that came with mitten set that I love, but I have a big head and big hair, too!!

furrypig said...

I have a huge head so often find it hard to get a hat to fit! I went to Primark in search of a Christmas Pudding hat but couldn't find one (apparently they are selling some there this year) so I have hat envy now!!!

Marilize said...

I'm not really a winter hat person myself, but have to wear them in summer. We go on hikes and the sun is brutal.

I am into scarves though and have way too many according to my hubby. Ba! ;)

Dawn said...

I'm not a hat person, I don't own any!
Love your fasinator!

K said...

Ooo, love the idea of a wintery fascinator

KraftyKaren said...

I love seeing hats on other people but I just think that I look stupid in hats plus I hate getting hat hair. I loved it when we were in Canada as everyone wore hats and I didn't look the odd one out when I was wearing one.

The winter fascinator is a great idea!!

Annie Claxton said...

Love your hats - especially the christmas pudding one! I have one in a similar design to your first one, but bright pinks and a great big bobble on the top. One of my mates says she would reather have Her ears drop off with frostbite than be seen in it, but I love it! :o)

Sandie said...

I love hats but sadly they don't suit me. I've yet to find one I feel good in :(

Julie Baswell said...

I love hats too, but I don't look good in them. Hat hair, yaknow.

Miriam Prantner said...

Not really a hat person....although I have always wanted a red wool swing coat with a hood...

Margie said...

I am not really a hat person, either-but yours are so cute!

Lisa-Jane said...

I look completely daft in hats as much as I love to wear them. I have to wear earmuffs instead as I have totally wussy ears that get cold and achey VERY quickly. However, I could definitely go for that pudding hat!

Karen said...

I bought two woolie hats last year. I've never been a fan of hats, but both of these were worn frequently.

Fay aka Beautifullily said...

I like hats and have recently crocheted a new one for the winter. Need a thicker one though, so shall probably make another soon.

dogmatix said...

I love hats but hubby hates me wearing them. So I am always looking for the wackiest to really annoy him. This years current crop of woolly hats are perfect for that :-D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...