Saturday 17 November 2012

Jacket Potato Surprise

(This post is part of my Frosty Festivities Blog Event)

This recipe is not fancy or complicated, it's just good family fare. We love it in the winter to fill us all up!

Jacket Potato Surprise:


For two people you will need: 

  • Three Big Jacket Potatoes 
  • Butter 
  • 4 slices of Bacon
  • Half a tin of Baked Beans 
  • 70g of tinned Sweetcorn 
  • Approx 50g Cheddar Cheese
To Cook:

  1. Put potatoes in oven at 200 degrees C. Give them an hour and a quarter at least to cook—the skins must be crispy. 
  2. When there's 15 mins left until they're ready, fry the bacon until crispy, then chop into small bits. 
  3. When the potatoes are done, cut them in half and scoop out the insides into the bowl (don’t damage the  skins). 
  4. Mix the potato in a bowl with the baked beans, bacon (keep a few bits), a knob of butter, the sweetcorn and grated cheese. Put this mixture back into skins. 
  5. Grate a little more cheese on top then put back into the oven or under a low grill for ten minutes. 
  6. Then serve with the few bits of bacon on top, maybe with a side salad if you're feeling virtuous! 

Note: The ingredients can be altered - try onion, tomatoes, peas, or tuna!

Be Inspired:
  • Write out, or blog about your favourite winter meal
  • Cook something easy and filling for your next meal, so you've got more time for crafting
  • Choose a photo and upload it to PicMonkey to edit and put text on top (or use your usual photo editing software)
Don't forget that a comment on this post, or on any of my posts from this weekend, will count as an entry into the Grand Giveaway {NOW CLOSED} - but only if you've registered your interest in winning that here!

Now I've made you hungry, I'm off to have my dinner! I'll return shortly!

P.S. Don't forget you can pop by and say Hi in the Chat Room! x

30 comments:

Scrapdolly said...

yum - whilst I wouldn't add the bacon for me DH will love it

Lesley G said...

No bacon for me either, but we regularly have our spuds like this!

humel said...

Yum - this would definitely suit me! The Doctor and The Boy don't like cheese though, and The Tomboy is just dead fussy about almost everything.... But I'd love this meal!!

Zahra said...

They look yummy! Think I will definitely try them - beans and sweetcorn are the hidden surprise!

scrappyjacky said...

We often have something very similar....but without the baked beans...we all love baked potatoes in winter.

Jackie said...

Made me hungry now...think I will go make one but without beans and sweetcorn!! Bacon and cheese...scrummy!!!

Annie Claxton said...

That looks yummy - and great photo as well BTW. I've just finished my Saturday Cook-in, when I spend most of the day cooking ahead for the week, filling the cake tin and prepping sandwich fillers for packed lunches. I got into this habit due to Jennifer's last blog event, in an effort to get organised and it's working very well, especially as hubby does most of the cleaning at the same time! :o)

K said...

Ooooo, I so wish I could eat potatoes :(

Lea Lacoste said...

huum sounds yummy, i might give it a try!

Lisa-Jane said...

There is NOTHING like a jacket potato on a cold day with lashings of butter. I'm with Slimming World so I can have the spud but not the yummy buttery bit!

Sally said...

How funny - this is more or less what we had tonight. Bacon, cheese, sweetcorn and onion. Lovely and warming. I leave a bit of cheese to sprinkle on top before putting back in the oven.

dogmatix said...

That looks delicious. Definately trying that one this week. The cheese sells it to me....there is something about cheese and potato that is so comforting.

Lou said...

jacket pots, a firm fave here! yours look very scrummy indeed x

Miriam Prantner said...

Mmmmm....potatoes, bacon, and eggs....really can't go wrong there.

Sandie said...

I love Jacket Potato's, this looks a meal in itself.
I once posted about our Jamie Oliver's 30 minute meal challenge. It was great fun and I have meant to do it again.

KraftyKaren said...

Thanks for sharing - these sound delish, now if only Mr P liked jacket potatoes and sweetcorn!! I recently blogged one of my favourite winter warmers here - http://kkfantasticplace.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/american-pie-blogtoberfest-22.html

eClaire said...

my youngest just loves beans and cheese and has recently developed a taste for bacon, so going to give this a try

Margie said...

Mmm... those look really yummy!

Sandy Ang said...

looks super yummy as i just love my spuds

Julie Baswell said...

That sounds so yummy. My family loves potato skins so they shouldn't have any problem with this. Thanks for a new recipe.

To boldly polish said...

That looks yummy. I've had beans in my jacket potatoes before, but no corn. I'll have to try that next time!

My fave winter comfort food is mashed potatoes - I could eat them without anything on the side. (Add cream cheese to make them extra smooth and yummy.)

hotpotato said...

oh my that looks so delishes it's making me hungry.

Jackie said...

Photo of my grandson in the bath with text!!!
http://www.trimcraft.co.uk/projectinfo.php?pid=109223

furrypig said...

ooh I love comfort food like this in the winter tasty and filling yummy!!

Fay aka Beautifullily said...

DH's favourite way of making JPs too. I love mine with bacon.

Lizzie said...

Yummy! I used to make something very similar, but never any baked beans... great idea. I should think The Boys would like these (me too without the cheese)!

Lesley G said...

You've inspired me to blog our favorite recipe
http://ohblogitifyoucantbeatthem.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/our-favorite-recipe.html

Marilize said...

This would totally win my hubby over. Doing this for dinner tomorrow night - I was running out of ideas! Thanks for this easy one with high impact :)

Karen said...

Oh yum, my husband will love these!

Annie Claxton said...

You've inspired me to blog one of my favourite childhood comfort foods http://artyfartyannie.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/winter-warmer.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...