Sunday 18 November 2012

Winter Woollies Recycling

(This post is part of my Frosty Festivities Blog Event)

I saw this pin on Pinterest, and I had to try out the ideas to recycle some winter woollies! I popped to the local charity shop, and picked up this jumper-dress:


And so far I've turned some of it into a bracelet (by following this tutorial):


And this pair of mittens (by following this tutorial):


I love them both! And I've got lots of material left - I'm planning on a scarf and a cushion cover. All from a jumper for £2! I shall be looking out for more!

Be Inspired:
  • Use a pin on Pinterest to inspire you 
  • Alter something old that needs a re-vamp
  • Add some wool to a project
Don't forget that a comment on this post, or on any of my posts from this weekend, will count as an entry into the Grand Giveaway {NOW CLOSED}- but only if you've registered your interest in winning that here!

Have you ever recycled old clothing into something new? See you soon for the Final Frosty Festivities post! x


20 comments:

Annie Claxton said...

Fantastic idea! Recycling is always good and these look really cool Old jeans are great for recycling too - into bags,cushions,flowers for scrap pages, they're such lovely colours :o)

Zahra said...

What a great idea! Love your bracelet!

Jackie said...

What a cool idea!! I do recycle but never thought of this!!!

scrappyjacky said...

Wonderful recycling...I love the bracelet.
If a jumper is pure wool you can felt it in a hot wash and then use to make all sorts of things.

KraftyKaren said...

These are fab - there are some great ideas in that Pin. I will be eyeing up some of my old jumpers next time I do a sort out!!

K said...

Lovely jumper dress, but also lovely bracelet & mittens, & I'm sure the cushion cover will be even nicer.

Scrapdolly said...

I love the concept of recycling like this
brilliant idea

furrypig said...

I love your recycling style! I will have to look at those instructions and see if they are simple enough for me!!

Sandie said...

Wow, that was a bargain. Our charity shops charge more than that, but I like the idea or upcycling.

humel said...

Oh, excellent - love that bracelet! :)

I've done the 'jeans into a bag' thing, and used fabric from my kids' outgrown clothes in various projects, including covers for handmade notebooks. I never throw anything out without casting a 'crafty' eye over it first! ;)

Marilize said...

Oh wow - what a great idea :) Hitting up some charity shops in the week for some frugal fashion :)

hotpotato said...

how clever.

Julie Baswell said...

How crafty of you.

Miriam Prantner said...

Great bracelet! I haven't recycled any old clothing yet....I have dreams of making a jean quilt someday....

Margie said...

These turned out beautiful! Great idea!

To boldly polish said...

The bracelet is way cool!
I've used clothing for sewing projects, and when I find pure wool (i.e. feltable) sweaters at charity shops, I like to felt them and then sew the felt into potholders, placemats etc.

Lisa-Jane said...

I LOVE that bracelet! That looks so great and such a perfect accessory for the Winter.

dogmatix said...

What a great idea and I love the bracelet.

Fay aka Beautifullily said...

What a great find, I never come across much in charity shops!

Unknown said...

This is genius!! Love that bracelet....unique and stylish :0) BTW I am now following you too fellow Brit ;0) Off to see the rest of your delights!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...