Saturday 17 November 2012

Snow Buddy Winter Layout

(This post is part of my Frosty Festivities Blog Event)

My husband hates snow. Really, really, hates it. (He doesn't like sand much either, but don't get me started...) So I'm very lucky that my friend Rosie lives down the road, as she loves snow just as much as I do!

Snow Buddy:

Supplies mainly My Mind's Eye All is Bright

The journaling reads:

I'm lucky that Rosie lives just down the road, as she's the perfect snow buddy. When I wake up and see a white world I can don my woolly hat, and go throw snowballs at her window to say good morning! She gets just as excited as me to crunch through the drifts and make snow angels - then have a cup of hot chocolate to warm up afterwards.

I added drops of white mist, rhinestones, brads, and buttons, to represent snowflakes, and the lace at the top was to mimic the softness of Rosie's hat:


And the layers of 6x6 papers echo the pale snow-dusted bricks of the bridge she's standing on:


The holes had been die-cut for a previous project, but they looked a bit like snowflakes on top of the bridge when I placed the paper like this!

Be Inspired:
  • Use mist (or paint) drops to look like snow
  • Take a piece of paper with negative holes in it, and place it on top of another piece of paper almost the same colour
  • Add some lace to a project

Don't forget that a comment on this post, or on any of my posts from this weekend, will count as an entry into the Grand Giveaway {NOW CLOSED} but only if you've registered your interest in winning that here!

Do you like going out in the snow? Do you go alone or do you have a snow buddy?

See you again at 1pm!

34 comments:

humel said...

I love those layered papers under the photo! Definitely going to scraplift that idea, thank you :)

The Children are more than happy to be my snow buddies, if we're ever lucky enough to have snow!!

Annie Claxton said...

Fab layout - love the buttons and twinklies coming down the page :o)

Jane said...

such a delicate, pretty layout. Babysitting the grandchildren at the moment and so want to get crafting!

Jackie said...

Super layout! I love the snow when I can see it though the window!!! LOL Don't like when I have to go out and it has turned to slush!!

Susanne said...

Fab page - I love that it is snowing embellies!

Jimjams said...

Gorgeous page and those layered (punched) papers are beautiful.

scrappyjacky said...

Love the muted colours...they work so well.I love the look of fresh snow....but that's about it!!

Julie Baswell said...

Such a pretty layout. As a kid I loved getting out in the snow. A snow to us was one day every so many years and then only ankle deep at the most. I have since move 500 miles further north and here we get snow every year and enough to play all day in. But these days I just enjoy looking out and seeing it untouched.

Margie said...

Gorgeous page-inspiring, indeed!

KraftyKaren said...

Really lovely page - love the soft muted colours and all the layering.

Sadly I am really Bah Humbug when it comes to snow - I hate the stuff, these days because I can't leave the house when it snows and I become like a caged tiger. But even as a child I hated it, I hate being cold or wet so going out and getting both cold and wet - urrrggghhhh. But I understand why others do love it, it does look so pretty when it is new and fresh.

K said...

love the muted colour scheme. I'm a fan of decent amounts of snow, not the sort that disappears quickly into mush but the build a snowman type :)

dogmatix said...

Great LO. I love snow (although I am totally with ur hubby on the sand thing.....I can't bear the stuff...gets everywhere!!!) and love running out in it before anyone has. I remember running out at half 5 in the morning to place my footprints on a night shift b4 the day staff come in lol.... No way were they taking that from me!!! :-/

Karen said...

This is a wonderful page, and I love the cut-outs. I'm making note of that technique!

Scrapdolly said...

Great page and a good new technique to try

MiniOwner said...

What a beautiful page. I love the way you've added the buttons as snowflakes. :o)
Sue x

Lesley G said...

I hate snow too but I love your LO!

Missus Wookie said...

I like scatterings of mist and embellies to mimic snow. We all like it here - although the kids aren't as keen now they actually have to go to work/school through it as they were when they just had to play :)

vixen said...

Lovely layout like the use of buttons and Rhinestones and the letters for the title x

Lea Lacoste said...

lovely layout, so snowy like :)

Becky said...

Lovely layout - like the mist on it

Zahra said...

LOVE the background PP you've used and the mist droplets - gorgeous!

Sandie said...

That's a lovely layout to record special memories of a friend.

Lisa-Jane said...

Jennifer this is a beautiful layout, both in design and in sentiment. The colours and placement are wonderful.

Lou said...

my husband hates sand too!! i know how you feel lol!! super layout and i love the subject and title x

Miriam Prantner said...

Great layout! Love all the strips of paper as well as the snow drips....would give me a good excuse to finally buy some white mist ;)

li-bee-ti said...

Beautiful layout! love your frosty design!

Katie said...

Stunning page and I love the idea of using negatives from punching.

To boldly polish said...

I love snow! I wish I had a snow buddy down the road like you do.

Jackie said...

My inspiration layout...add lace.
http://www.trimcraft.co.uk/projectinfo.php?pid=109225

furrypig said...

we all get excited about the snow in our house even the cat! Love your cold feeling LO and lots of good ideas for me to pinch/ try thanks xxx

Lizzie said...

What a nice little story - and an equally lovely page to tell it.
I like the cut-out-shapes you used - I enjoy recycling cut-outs too, it gives an unexpected effect (they make good masks for paint or inking too).
Love it!

Fay aka Beautifullily said...

I went through a phase of using lace on LOs, must get back to do it again,so pretty,

scrappymo! said...

Fabulous layout. Love the design and the scattering of "snow".
This is of my favourite pages of yours!

Marilize said...

Buttons and lace? YES! Loving this layout :)

No snowbuddies here due to a serious lack of an important element - snow ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...