Monday 12 November 2012

Mr & Mrs

On Saturday we attended a wonderful wedding, of a couple that my husband introduced to each other in 2005. The groom was my husband's close friend in their school years, and after uni, and we both used to work with the bride. We don't get to see them as often these days, as we live across the country, but it was wonderful to be at their wedding this weekend and see them so happy together. I made them this card:

Supplies: American Crafts White Cardstock cut to a 6x6 card blank. Pink Paislee Artisan Resistable 8x8 Paper and Chipboard Stars, Portfolio 6x6 Paper.  Amy Tangerine Ready Set Go 'Surrounded' Paper. Crate Paper Random 6x6 Paper and Paper Heart Border Sticker. Studio Calico 'Tabs' Stamp from Rainbow Kneesocks Kit. Elle's Studio The Sweet Life 'True Happiness' Stamp. My Mind's Eye The Sweetest Thing 'Together' Enamel Dots. Paper Cellar Glitter Alphas and Lilybee ABC stickers. Heidi Swapp Mint Green and Gold Lame Color Magic Spritzes. Memento Rhubarb Stalk Ink Pad.

I wanted to make the card super happy and colourful. I added the enamel dots because they are fun colours but also they're luxurious with their shiny finish, I like having a different texture on there:


Here's the newly-married couple, with my husband 'the cause of it all' on the right!:


Her dress was gorgeous. You can't really tell it from the picture but it had hundreds of gems all over the skirt so it twinkled each time she moved!

Have you been to any weddings lately? I know it's not the 'season' for them now - our friends chose their date because here in the UK it was 10/11/12, so the groom thought he'd always remember their anniversary - we'll see!

x

P.S. Less than 3 Days left to enter my Giveaway!

17 comments:

Margareta Carlsson said...

That card as absolutely gorgeous! Great job!

Madeline said...

Beautiful card!

Tammy said...

Love that card - the colors are happy and fun! What a gorgeous dress! :)

Lisa Echerd said...

Such a fantastic card! I'm sure they loved it and especially since you could be with them on their day. That is a gorgeous gown.

Steph said...

Very pretty! Great color choice.

Barbara said...

what a great card and a beautiful couple!

Danielle said...

Beautiful card!

Lisa-Jane said...

Lovely card and what a stunning dress!

Fleursbydesign said...

Beautiful card

Alison said...

Love the card....and that dress!
Alison xx

humel said...

*doh!* Lost my internet connection as I was posting my comment :( It was a long comment, too! Love the fabulous card, and (short version!) I haven't been to a wedding in ages....

Lou said...

doesn't she look beautiful and her dress is stunning!

gorgeous card x

laura said...

Her dress is gorgeous. Fun card and story

alexa said...

hat a lovely card and story - and dress! All of them have sparkle :).

Bonnie said...

Great card! Love all the color you used. You had me confused with the date, 10-11-12. I'm used to month-day-year not day-month-year. It took me a minute to figure out that 'last weekend' wasn't last month! Time to take my "silly American" hat off now.

Caroline Hackney said...

What a lovely card and story! I'm a Brit living in Texas, and went to a wedding recently between two friends, one Scottish and one Finnish, here in Texas. It was a really fun and multicultural celebration, with lots of different styles of dancing. I danced so much I didn't take a single photo!

Missus Wookie said...

We're off to a wedding this weekend - still have to make a card too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...