Thursday 8 November 2012

Hello Mr. Cheeky - Acorn Avenue

I was super lucky to win a prize pack of Crate Paper Acorn Avenue goodies! I put them to work as soon as possible, on this layout:


Baby Boy has such a cheeky smile. In fact I won't be able to call him Baby Boy much longer as he's not very baby-like any more, so I'll probably start calling him cheeky boy instead! 

I've wanted to do a title peeking out from a corner for a while - since seeing this layout by Stacy Cohen. I decided to turn my corner detail into a bouquet of leaves, as the photo was taken at the start of autumn, on a drizzly, blustery day:


I added to the drizzly, blustery feeling with some drops of Mr Huey clay mist, a scattering of gems, and a chipboard kite:


I like how it shows that his smile shines through to light up a grey day!

Here's the awesome prize pack I received (I bought the wood veneers on the layout above as I couldn't resist them!):


I won it just by following Crate Paper on Twitter, and tweeting to suggest that other people follow them too! Keep your eye on the Crate Paper Blog or their Facebook or Twitter feeds, and you might be a winner next time!

Talking of giveaways, don't forget about my Giveaway for a My Mind's Eye All is Bright collection pack here. You've got 6 days left to enter!

x

26 comments:

Margareta Carlsson said...

Aww, what a cute page! And what a package of goodies!! Congrats! That's a lot of fun scrapping! :)

scrappyjacky said...

Gorgeous page....and gorgeous smile.

Tammy said...

Super fun layout! I love all the details and the clever design. How fun to win a bunch of goodies! That's a great collection. :)

Unknown said...

Wowza! That's adorbs!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

this layout is just so adorable

Lisa-Jane said...

Well done on the prize! I love the layout, it looks like an autumn cornucopia in the corner, its brilliant!

Meghann Andrew said...

I love how you curled up those corners! Lovely!

scrappymo! said...

Oh my, you were a lucky girl!
That collection is fab. Your layouts are just great with it...you put it to good use indeed. Off to check out your giveaway!

Madeline said...

So neat how the paper rolls back to show the title! Cute little guy!

Mary Jo said...

Super cute layout!!
I love the details and rolled paper :)

Melissa said...

Oooh, lucky girl! Your layout is just gorgeous, love the sprinkling of gems - I've been doing that lately, too. And the rolled paper around the embellishments - great effect. Fantastic work!

Ashley Calder said...

This is so great! What a cute little face he has :) I love the sprinkling of pretty things around the top of the page, and the curled up corner with the title underneath and the nice little bits tucked into the curl is very cool!

Mel said...

cute and i love the curled up corner!

K said...

Beautiful corner detail & lucky you winning those fabulous crafty items!

Erin said...

What a darling layout! I love the little details & your son has an adorable smile. :-)

laura (whosthischick) said...

Adorable. I love the rolled corners and how you filled them with the wooden leaves and such.

Lea Lacoste said...

love this layout and the idea of the "hidden" title, awesome!

alexa said...

Super page and I love that curled up cone: how perfect and very clever!

debs14 said...

Love those curled back corners, what a great effect. And what a gorgeous photo - great layout!

Lea said...

How cute! Look how big he's getting. I love what you did with the curled paper bouquet.

gale said...

wow, I love this! Really cool how you rolled the corners like that. This would be awesome in a frame or shadow box.

Susanne said...

Great page - love that corner treatment. And what a fun prize to have snagged - enjoy it!

Katie said...

Found this super cute layout on the Crate Paper FB page and just had to come check you out!

humel said...

Amazing prize, congratulations! And amazing layout, wow :) Love those corners!!

Julie H said...

I love how you've curled the corner and used it for your great mixed title. Especially love how you've used the "hello" sticker as part of your title.

Tanja said...

Congratulations for winning such an awesome pack of goodies! I love the corner detail in your layout!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...