Sunday 18 November 2012

Where else I've been Wintering

(This post is part of my Frosty Festivities Blog Event)

I have been preparing lots for this weekend (as you've probably guessed), but I've had a few other winter projects to complete for elsewhere too, and this hour I thought I'd share them with you!

I'm sorry to those who are regular readers and might have seen some of these before, but I shall start with something you're unlikely to have seen (I haven't told you about it, but you may have heard of it elsewhere!)...

Snowed In Magazine:


Ashley Pahl's free online Snowed In Magazine is full of extremely lovely seasonal delights, including crafts and recipes. It also features a pendant by me! It's completely different to the other pendants I've shown this weekend, you'll have to go and check out the magazine if you want to see it!

Speaking of magazines, I was also in the Christmas special of the Popular Crafts magazine (sadly the last ever issue of Popular Crafts) with this mini-album:



It documents our Christmas decorations. Sorry you can't see this magazine online, it's only available in UK stores I believe, but I did blog about our Christmas decorations as my 10 things on the 10th post last December - you can see it here. 

Finally, in case you missed them, I featured in two wintry posts on the SJ Crafts Blog this week. One was all about me, and how I'm Inspired by Winter, which is here, and the other was the latest SJ Crafts challenge, on the theme of Christmas, which is here and features this layout by me:


Please check all them out if you haven't seen them already!

Be Inspired:
  • Create a mini book which could be used as a decoration, to document your winter or Christmas
  • Put a giant gold bow onto a project
  • Find something in a magazine to use as inspiration for a winter-related activity

Don't forget that a comment on this post, or on any of my posts from this weekend, will count as an entry into the Grand Giveaway {NOW CLOSED} - but only if you've registered your interest in winning that here!

I'll be back at 5pm! (I hope!) x

24 comments:

Fay aka Beautifullily said...

You have been a busy girl!

humel said...

Oh, wow - how exciting! :) I had seen you on SJ Crafts but not in the other two, so I'm heading over to Snowed In Magazine right now :)

Lou said...

love the tree album of ornaments x

KraftyKaren said...

Love the Snowed in Magazine - have had a quick flick through but will go back later to read in detail

Jackie said...

Thank you for the link to the Snowed in mag!! Love your layout...you have certainly been in the Christmas spirit with all your projects!!

hotpotato said...

love the little christmas album.

Scrapdolly said...

I love that Christmas tree album - such a clever idea

Kirsty.A said...

lurve that Christnas Photo shoot layout. Gorgeous

Julie Baswell said...

Oh, I love that tree. I'm gonna have to copy that.

Lesley G said...

Such fabulous ideas - thank you for all the inspiration so far :)

scrappyjacky said...

I shall go have a look at the Snowed In magazine...thanks for the link.

Maria Ontiveros said...

I have a few tree shaped mini-albums in my stash. Should pull them out soon.
Rinda

To boldly polish said...

You've really been busy!
Thanks for pointing me to the Snowed In magazine, it'll be the perfect reading for a cold winter's night.

Zahra said...

These are stunning, love the tree mini book!

furrypig said...

firstly the tree mini book is really cute and a great idea secondly I really love the idea of the domino necklace totally gorgeous..... just need to find some dominoes now!

Dawn said...

I love the tree book, you've inspired me to make one about our sons special decorations!

Marilize said...

The tree mini album is a fantastic idea. What a great way to show off some of the year's best moments :)

Annie Claxton said...

Love the tree mini book - I've seen yo uon SJ Crafts but hadn't heard of Snowed In - it looks fab and I will be popping back for another look later :o)

Sandie said...

Mini books are my favourite things to make and I love your tree shaped tree. You have been busy with all your projects, congratulations!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Love that tree mini, so cute, and the layout is beautiful. I love the gold ribbon with those maroons.

Lisa-Jane said...

I love that little Christmas tree book!

Karen said...

Love the border on this layout! I'm enjoying all the inspiration, but won't get to any of it until my Christmas cards are finished!

dogmatix said...

I love the mini album..its fabulous

Jimjams said...

Congrats on having been published in so many places - well deserved success!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...