Sunday 18 November 2012

A Challenge - To add Glitter or Shimmer!


(This post is part of my Frosty Festivities Blog Event)


It's in the sparkle of frost, the twinkle of fairy lights, and the glitter on baubles. So now I challenge you to add some shimmer to a project - go crazy with it!

I think by now everyone knows that my favourite way to add sparkle is with gems and pearls, and this layout is no exception:


The journaling reads:

'We went for a family walk at Upton Country Park, and it was so super frosty! The leaves crunched underfoot, and the pond was iced over really thickly. We dried dropping stones on the icy pond to break it, but they just skidded across it to the far shore. It all felt like a magical other world.'

I used a mix of Crate Paper's Sleigh Ride and Acorn Avenue collections, I love the stripy Thickers:


The gems are a mix of Papermania, Hero Arts, and Kaiser Scrapbook. They shimmer nicely, and with the pale leaves from Acorn Avenue, they set the scene very well:


Be Inspired:
  • Add lots of shimmer, glitter, or sparkle 
  • Mix two collections from the same manufacturer
  • Place all your details in a central square panel
So now it's your turn!

To enter this challenge: make a craft project and add lots of Glitter or Shimmer (your favourite kind), blog about your project (or upload it to an online gallery), and link back to this post. Then come back here to link your project up! You can combine this with other challenges.

The challenge will close next Sunday, 25th November at 10.59pm GMT. All the challenges are open Internationally.

The winner will receive a mystery pack of papercraft supplies! I'm not sure what will be in it yet, but it will definitely include some shimmmer - there will be a whole pack of these in there:


And lots of other stuff too!

Don't forget that a comment on this post, or on any of my posts from this weekend, will count as an entry into the Grand Giveaway {NOW CLOSED} but challenge still open!- but only if you've registered your interest in winning that here!

The event is nearly over - two posts to go! The penultimate one will appear soon! x

21 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

What a wonderful photo. I love adding gems to cards....but must admit I rarely think of adding them to layouts.

furrypig said...

Oooh I have finally caught up with all the festive blog posts and wow they have been fantastic! I am not a very sparkly or glittery person so this is a great challenge for me and I would love to try and copy some of your amazing techniques.... I am hoping my mojo is kicking into gear and I might be scrapping again this week!

KraftyKaren said...

Lovely layout. It won't be too difficult for me to add shimmer or glitter to a layout, I love the stuff, I find it hard not to use Stickles on a craft project.

To boldly polish said...

Great layout. I love anything shiny and sparkly...

Scrapdolly said...

Had to pop in to say Upton Country Park is one of our regular haunts too
Lovely page

humel said...

Very pretty! I love gems, especially clear ones :) That's a gorgeous photo!

Jackie said...

Another super layout!! I think there should be a club for 'bling' lovers!!! Would probably be over subscribed!! LOL

Zahra said...

Gorgeous layout, really love the vibrant green on there.

Annie Claxton said...

Great layout and great excuse for more sparkles! I'm really glad we have until next weekend - our visitors have only just left so I didn't get any workroom time today - but we had a lovely time and I never need to eat again! :o)

Sandie said...

I love the photo too. A bit of sparkle can add something special to the right page or card.

Marilize said...

Doesn't bling just make everything better? I love the teardrop shaped ones to use as raindrops :)

Lea Lacoste said...

lovely page, the picture is just gorgeous!

eClaire said...

I love sparkles and bling and thought I had missed out on this challenge, but have just realised I have until Sunday, so off to hunt for some suitable photos

Miriam Prantner said...

I really love those gems that you used here, and I love the leaves too! I have definitely developed a love for some good sparkle! AC Glitter Tape is one of my current favorites!

Margie said...

This is a stunning page! Gorgeous!

Lisa-Jane said...

That's fab Jennifer. I love the colours you've used. I've got a load of sequins and every time I move them I think of you and think I must used them on a page.

Karen said...

I love your journaling on this layout. And the layout itself is just lovely.

dogmatix said...

A beautiful LO. I love the gems but I can never seem to get sequins to stick without stitching

Miss Smith said...

Really lovely page - I love the little sparkle that brings it to life!

Jimjams said...

Fabulous photo - I must remember to get down at ground level more with my pics.

Julie Baswell said...

I do like the shimmer of the layout.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...