Sunday 1 July 2012

Sometimes I'm NOT Organised ...

I decided it was only fair that, as it approaches the end of the weekend, I should show you some photos of areas in my house that are not at all organised. I don't want you to think I'm perfect or something, because there's certainly a few areas that still need some work...

We have a few 'junk' drawers - here's just two of them. They are mostly my husband's domain - tools, wires, and pens and receipts from where he empties his pockets. But I occasionally scoop things into them too, if we have a guest coming round and I want to hide the mess:



And, when we try to sort out some boxes from the loft, or re-arrange the furniture in the house, this is what our conservatory ends up looking like (and currently does right now!):


And... my husband did not want to let me post this photo. He's not at all proud of this area - the garage:


Which is full of a lot of wood, under all the junk of stuff that we don't need often, or that baby has grown out of. He got the wood really cheap when MFI closed down. It's been a running joke with our friends for years that if someone needs to build or fix something, we say 'do you think there might be some wood in the garage for that?'

I've been trying to de-clutter lots of areas of the house, including these. I printed this de-clutter calendar at the start of the year, but I certainly haven't been doing it everyday - more like once in a while when the mess starts to drive me crazy!

Tell me I'm not the only one with messy areas and junk drawers?! What's your least organised area of the house?

Don't forget that a comment on this post, or on any of my posts from this weekend, will count as an entry into the Grand Giveaway {NOW CLOSED} - but only if you've registered your interest in winning that here!

See you in an hour! x

19 comments:

Ali said...

Goodness, we have a few - but worst are the boxes on the landing which just need sorting!!

Patricia said...

We all have a junk drawer or two that needs some work! Good luck with yours!

Diane Standish(crazeedi) said...

I have a room that is a total mess right now! I keep wanting to dig in but life keeps getting in the way!

Annie Claxton said...

hehehe, good to know I'm not alone with my clutter demons! Thanks for sharing :)

Carin McDonough said...

Lol we have a few junk boxes (lots of it hubby's junk like yours) and drawers as I hate clutter being out. Our loft however is full and we are constantly dumping into the garage much to my husbands irritation as he keeps going in there to clean it but I think it's a loosing battle. :)

scrappyjacky said...

We have a roof space full of 'junk' and more keeps getting put up there....at least nobody else can see it....but one day the ceiling is going to come down under the weight!!!
Our conservatory gets like yours in the winter....."just put it in the conservatory" we say.....but I have sorted it out so we can use it during the summer [if summer ever arrives].

Susan said...

LOL You're normal like the rest of us!

Nathalie said...

Yep, guilty here as well... it's all in the closet under the stairs! :)

Julie Baswell said...

No, you're not alone. We all have one guaranteed. It doesn't matter where I clean, family finds that spot within 5 minutes and puts something there. Double guaranteed.

Counterfeit Kit Challenge said...

We have a junk drawer that drives me nuts...the garage (DH loves to collect things and then toss them in...UGH)...and DH's side of the bed. Hmmm...I think it is all my DH's fault. LOL

Bethany

Maria Ontiveros said...

I definitely have some cluttered spots, but I have found that slow and steady wins the race in this area.
Rinda

Unknown said...

I have lots of areas that are messy, but I am planning to tackle them one step at a time, as I am on two months vacation from teaching.

Julie H said...

We have way too many junk drawers and junk "spots" too. I have a bad habit of trying to start a new organisation system and not finishing it!

hueisei said...

Haha.. I think it's the kitchen and study room. I need to tidy up this two rooms soon....

Caroline Hackney said...

Any horizontal surface seems to attract chaos in our home. The kitchen table is a primo culprit. We moved house in March and we're still unpacking boxes...I'm sure we'll be done one day...I hope!

dogmatix said...

We have a drawer in the kitchen which seems to attract junk no matter how many times hubby sorts it out! I won't even talk about the spare/craft room, except to say that there is a floor in there somewhere LOL.

Jimjams said...

There's currently at least one junk drawer in every room *sigh* The study/computer room is the worst because there's too much technical stuff in there and I don't know what is junk and what's not - Hubby's domain and he won't clear it out :o(

Ana Laura De Romero said...

This looks so much more like a normal person! LOL just kidding, but this certainly looks more like my rooms or work area oops! =/

Lisa-Jane said...

What is it with men and wood? Yet they never have the right piece! Clutter seems to be one room in front of me all the time. I sort one and then move to the next but there is always another area.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...