Wednesday 11 July 2012

My 300th Blog Post!

This is my 300th Blog Post!

I'm so excited by all the things that have been happening on my blog recently. But to celebrate this momentous number, I thought I'd look to my blog's past instead.

I've chosen some crafty posts from my blogging history, and taken inspiration from each of them to make this layout:


Featuring a photo from last year, of my cute little boy.

I scraplifted this layout from my first ever post in July 2008:


Yes, that's an almost identical photo of my daughter sitting in the same chair, 3 years before! I used lots of ideas from the earlier layout, including the 'sketch', the bright colours, and the tilt of the photo - I rarely tilt photos these days!

I took the idea of a book paper flower from this page in my 'Why Do I Scrapbook?' album in January 2010:


Though because it was a boy page, I changed it to book paper stars. The book papers were cut from a ladybird book, the covers of which were used for my vintage book pen pot tutorial.

 And I used ribbons and buttons like I did on these cards to go in Hen Party Gift Bags for my friend's hen (bachelorette) party in June 2011:


Though the ribbons I used on that project were scraps, and the ribbons I used on this new layout were brand new, from The Ribbon Girl. I love the Twill Stripe Ribbon which is like chevrons, though it makes my eyes go a little funny if I look at it too closely - the stripes make an optical illusion as though the ribbon is getting thinner even though it isn't!

There we go, three posts from my past, put to good use as inspiration for something new!

I'm sorry I can't do a 300th post giveaway, but I've been giving away a lot of stuff lately, and now I'm a bit poor! But there's a chance you could win a Fancy Pants 'Beach Bum' 6x6 paper pad if you link up your scrapbooking projects this month to my Scrapbooking Soiree!

Have you ever looked back on your old posts or projects for new inspiration? x

16 comments:

Maria Ontiveros said...

Congratulations!
Rinda

scrappyjacky said...

Many congrats....and I often look back at old projects for inspiration...especially from a sketch point of view.
Thank you so much for the giveaway I received from you today....some lovely things...which will definately be used.

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Congratulations on your 300th post! I think I'm more in the 200 range right now. :) Your layout is wonderful. I love the book star and the design.

Mary Pat Siehl said...

your layout is just soooo darn cute!!

congrats on 300!!

Mary Jo said...

Congratulations on 300 posts!
That is a lot of blogging :)

And great projects as well.
I do occasionally scraplift myself or am inspired by older photos or posts :)

dogmatix said...

Happy 300th :D Great idea to scraplift yourself to see how much you have changed x

Unknown said...

Congrats on #300! Love the bright, cheery layout!

Laura said...

300 is awesome. Great layout

Alison said...

Congrats on the 300th post..love your scraplift!
Alison xx

Lisa-Jane said...

I love your updated version! Many congrats on your 300th post too.

Pam said...

So sweet! Congrats on your 300th post!

Nathalie said...

Congratulations for reaching such a blogging milestone! I like the concept you used to celebrate!

Carin McDonough said...

Wow 300 posts! Love the idea of taking inspiration from previous ideas. Lovely layout and that is such a cute photo! :)

Susanne said...

Congrats on 300! I like both those layouts - it is fun to revisit your own work and lift it!

Sian said...

I know I'm a little late, but Happy 300 all the same! here's to very many more

Abi said...

Happy 300! I like revisiting old posts just to see how my blogging has improved and what I can work on.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...