Friday 8 June 2012

The Scrapbooking Soiree - A Link Party!

Hello! Today I'm trying something new for Jennifer's Jumbles... a link party!



I love sharing my projects, and I've been looking for more places to share my scrapbooking. There's lots of online challenges that I could join in with (and often do), and I know there are places on forums for bloggers to link up their latest post (which I also do now and then), or galleries to post projects in. But what about when I just create a layout that's not to do with a challenge, or when I don't have time to read lots of other people's blogs, so I don't feel right leaving my blog on a forum list?

I've looked for a link party to join up with, but there aren't any (that I can find) which focus on scrapbooking, though there's lots about other crafts, and diy, recipes, etc. And I like browsing those lists, but I'd also like to be able to browse some scrapbooking links, as well as linking my own. I know there's Pinterest, and lots of other places to find inspiration, but I always wonder what blogging gems I'm missing!

I hope I'm not the only one that would like another place to browse for scrapbooking projects, and to link up our own. So I've decided to try hosting a scrapbooking link party right here, and see how it goes! 

Welcome to The Scrapbooking Soiree!

For now, this is going to be a monthly link party, starting on the 8th of each month (number 8 is my favourite number, but that's a post for another day!), and it will go live in the evening, about 8pm England time. Any scrapbook projects blogged about between the 8th of the current month, and the 7th of the following month, can be added to the linky. Your post MUST contain a scrapbooking project - ie. a project containing photos and/or journaling (so it can be mini-album or wall-art that is scrapbook related, as well as layouts), but no cards or home decor etc. There can be other projects (eg cards) on the same post, as long as there is one scrapbook project there too. The project can be linked up to other challenges / classes / events too.

You can post up to 4 links a month to different posts of yours. It would be great if you could include a link back to this party, but it's not a requirement. The only other thing I ask is that you visit at least one other link, preferably a blog you wouldn't normally visit, and try to leave a comment too. It would be good if you can visit more if you're able to!

Of course, all that's assuming I get anyone else linking up, I guess we'll see! I'll link my post from earlier to get the ball rolling, and then just cross my fingers and wait! If you think it's a good idea, please link up, and tell others about it! x


9 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

This sounds like a great idea....I've linked my page.

Margareta Carlsson said...

Brilliant idea! I might post a link next time I make a page! :)

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Such a great idea! :)

Penny said...

Sounds like fun to me! I know that If it's groovy is having a blog hop later this month you can contact Deb there she would probably let you join as well. Here's a link to the site:http://ifitsgroovy.blogspot.com/ Love Penny

MiniOwner said...

I'd like to play, thank you.
Sue x

Alison said...

Great idea..I'll link the LO I'm working on, once it's finished!
Alison xx

Sian said...

This is a brilliant idea! I'm low on new scrapbooking projects at the moment, but you never know what I might now be inspired to create :)

Sandie said...

Sounds a great idea! Haven't anything to share yet but will see what the month brings. Good luck with it!

Lisa-Jane said...

I think this is a great idea - well done you! I shall be linking away and linking back. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...