Monday 18 June 2012

Father's Day Cards

Just a quick post to show you a couple of Father's day cards I made:

Supplies mostly Pink Paislee 'Old School'

Supplies mostly My Mind's Eye ('Rosy', 'Bright Days', & 'True Blue')

My daughter had been asking to throw a surprise party for Daddy for ages, so when he came home from work we had balloons up, and ate burgers and party food. We jumped out and shouted 'surprise' when he came in. I don't think we shocked him, but my daughter was pleased with how it went anyway!

Now I'm building up to my birthday at the weekend, when we're camping at a pub, and having a party on Saturday night (joint my 30th and my sister's 21st). I'm finding it hard to look forward to it at the moment, as lots of people have been cancelling, and I wanted to go on the Harry Potter Studio Tour on the Sunday (my actual birthday), but all the tickets were sold out by the time I came to book them. So I'm feeling a bit disheartened about it right now, but I'm sure I'll enjoy it when we go away and I get to see my family. I need to finish making my Ariel costume for the party, and gather together some decorations.

What have you got planned for this week? x

16 comments:

Izzy Anderson said...

Your cards are lovely! Happy early birthday!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Wonderful cards! I love the bit of bling on the first (guys can enjoy bling too, right?) :) I also love the way you did the sentiment on the second card.

Mary Jo said...

Beautiful cards!
Hope you have a wonderful birthday!!!
I always say, it all works out in the end :)

Mary Pat Siehl said...

your cards are awesome!!!! great job!

Lea said...

What great Father's Day Cards! I like what you did with the triangle pennants in the first one and how you incorporated the orange star and crowns on the second. Sorry to hear about what's happened to your bday plans... I hope you have a great one inspite of it all!!!

Tammy said...

These are great cards! I sometimes have trouble with more masculine cards so these are great ideas. :) Happy birthday a bit early!

Lou said...

Wishing you a very happy birthday for the weekend - hope you have a lovely time x

Danielle said...

Those cards are great!

hilde janbroers said...

wishing you a happy birthday..! And those cards are amazing!

Elisa K said...

those are great cards.. I bet they loved them.. thanks for sharing. hugs

Maria Ontiveros said...

Love that first card. The colors and design are both smashing!
Rinda

laura said...

Great cards, i like oth of them. Bet they enjoyed them. Thanks for sharing.

Erica said...

Great cards!!!

Unknown said...

Fantastic cards! I love the banner on the first card- trendy and masculine!

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Blessed Ladybug said...

very nnice love the cards...

Sarah said...

Fab cards, Jennifer!! hoping you have a lovely birthday!! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...