Tuesday 12 October 2010

nan and gramps

Me and little miss went to visit my nan and grampa (her great-grandparents) for a couple of nights, returning today.


It was lovely to go and see them, they are so sweet, and going back to their house reminds me of my childhood. It's kind of wierd watching my daughter playing on the same carpet that I can remember playing on when I was a little girl.

It's also kind of sad though, as my grampa in particular is getting too old to play very much. I feel like we've got to appreciate them now while we've still got the chance. I've been interviewing them for anecdotes so I can create a scrapbook about them - I'll show you some pages when I've done them. But this visit was just about relaxing and having fun.

We went to the playpark with my nan, where my daughter went on the swings, and then had an x-ray (!):



We also went into town, where my nan treated us to a McDonalds - I think she was rather pleased to have the excuse to go to McDonalds and have a McChicken sandwich! Then back at home we played 'Skip-Bo' a card game I've never seen except playing it with them (does anyone else play this?). It was really lovely to be there and to chill out with them. It was a nice break to have a couple of days without the internet (they can't even work a DVD remote control, let alone a computer!) but it does mean I've come back to a very full google reader! Can you all stop blogging so much while I'm away please! I'll catch up reading them all as quick as I can.

Crafting wise, I made a card the other day for my sister-in-law's up-coming b'day. I used the Fiskarettes monday challenge this week to prompt me - the challenge is to use texture on a project. So I pulled out some old acrylic texture gels that were hidden away from my painting days, and used them to coat the flower on this card:


It feels kind of like sandpaper, but looks prettier that that! I like the contrast of textures with the soft lace trim behind. More details on products used can be found on the Fiskarettes blog here.

I'm going to be really busy for the next few days, lots of work to do for Creative Creatures, and I've got to do my next DT assignment for Fiskarettes. I shall probably be back with more to show you on Friday!

xxx

4 comments:

Lea said...

Sounds like you had a fun weekend visiting your grandparents. And that card is beautiful. Love what you did with the flower.

Amy said...

The X-ray photo is gorgeous, sounds like a good visit with the gret grandparents :-)

debs14 said...

Sounds like you had a great time and have stocked up on a few more family memories. How lovely for you to get some pictures of them all together. They will be great to scrapbook!

Sian said...

Definitely - get it all down on paper! Your daughter is so lucky to have a mum who is interested in documenting and telling stories. I would love to know more about my Grandparents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...