Saturday 9 October 2010

beach games and christmas plans

Before I start this post I want to say thanks for your comments on my last post, it made me laugh to see the different responses to the question of a nap versus crafting! In the end my daughter wouldn't even go down for a nap, so I didn't have the option of either. I was very tired by the end of the day!

This week my Dad's been staying with us for a visit, and we've actually had a couple of days that were sunny and warm enough to play on the beach. On Monday we went to Studland beach, where my daughter ran around chasing seagulls and jumping into holes:

And then today we went to Swanage, where it she ran in circles around a bucket and some seaweed, then threw stones into the sea (she has her skirt and tights off in the second photo because she sat down near the sea and got a wet bum!):


I really enjoy seeing her running around on the beach, though I didn't let her do it for too long today as she's still got a bit of a cold, and it was a little chilly. I hope she'll grow up to love the beach as much as me though - I have always loved going to the seaside:


My Dad bought me a ring for my 16th birthday, which had a pearl attached to it (not set in it), and it had words about the sea on it that I can't remember now - as I'd lost it by the time I was 18. I was so gutted, and still am, I loved that ring. It was from Debenhams and was the most expensive piece of jewellery I'd ever owned at the time. I always hope I'll see one on ebay or something!

Onto the other part of my post title - christmas plans. I know that I'm truly a crafter now, because I never used to allow myself to think about christmas until at least mid-november, but now I know there would be no way I'd get all the crafting done that I'd like to do, unless I start asap.

However, because my friends and family read this blog, and I don't want the suprise spoiled for them, I'm hiding my christmas crafting away on a seperate page. You can see the tab for it just under my blog header. Whenever I update it I'll post this pic for you:


So you'll know to go and take a peek if you're interested - but not if you are from my family, and not if you're Rosie (I know you're itching to check it out now Rosie - no sneaky looking!).

I hope the rest of you lovely followers won't find it too annoying, having to click over to another page. The first post is on there now, so you can hop onto that page and find out the first bit of my christmas planning!

It's very late now and I'm really supposed to be asleep, so night night all! xxx

7 comments:

Amy said...

I love your sand art - I feel the same way :-)

Sian said...

I love the idea of a secret Christmas crafting page :)

Sarah said...

Cute pics of your daughter...I love Swanage beach. I'll go check out the Christmas page now!

scrappyjacky said...

A seperate xmas page is a really good idea...though I'd have no idea how to go about making one!!!!

Beverly said...

good thing I am not family, I don't know if my curiosity would allow me to be that trustworthy :) love the pics of your DD

Rachel Brett said...

What a great idea! Can't wait to see what you do :)

Kids Beach Games said...

You always come up with fun, interesting games and many activities.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...