Wednesday 6 October 2010

Fascinator Top Hats

The little sneak peek I showed you last post was the hat band of one of these mini-top hats, which I created for my latest DT project on the Fiskarettes blog:

Now I just need somewhere to wear them. Not sure I have the guts yet to wear them walking along the high street! I'm going to a hen party weekend soon though, so one might be put to use then.

If you'd like to see the step-by-step tutorial on how I put these together you can see my post on the Fiskarettes site here. They'd be great for parties / weddings / day at the races, or anywhere else you'd care to wear them!

On another note, I have just joined up for a free course that the wonderful Tam is offering here:


I'm not sure how much of the course I'll be able to do at the time, as I'm very busy at the end of October and it starts on the 18th, but it was too good an opportunity to miss.

I'm a little tired and grumpy today, as my daughter woke up around 11pm last night and didn't go to sleep until 5am, because she had a very blocked / runny nose. We watched Pochahontas at 3am when I'd given up getting her to sleep. I'm hoping she'll go down for a nap in a minute, but I'm not sure whether to use the respite to have a nap myself, or to craft?! What would you do?

Bye for now, xxx

10 comments:

Rosie Bird-Hawkins said...

Can I put an order in for a fascinator please? We can make this a high street fashion I'm sure.

Go have a rest or you'll get sleepy crafting and hole punch your hand or fall asleep at your desk and wake up with your cheek stuck to it or something.

Sian said...

Well, I love to make stuff but I also really, really like to sleep..

Very nifty hats :)

Meghann Andrew said...

Wow, how creative! I'm not a fascinator person, but they look great on you! Hope you get some rest in today!

Liberty :) said...

grab a quick 40 winks!!! lovely top hats! found you from amy's blog, looks like we'll be blog hopping together!! :)

Beverly said...

ohmygoodness, these hats bring a smile to my face1 hope you get a nap :)

Rachel Brett said...

They are beautiful hats Jen :)

...My head says nap but I would probably end up crafting! Hope you manage to catch up on your Z's

debs14 said...

I would definitely sleep! I can't function without sleep and also when you have a little one who is under the weather, you can't be sure you'll get a good night's sleep tonight either.
Hope she feels better soon and you get a good sleep tonight!

Amy said...

The hats would be perfect for a hens night!

Unknown said...

I love these! They are soooo cute!

humel said...

I love your hats!!

I'd craft in my sleep if I were you... xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...