Saturday 2 October 2010

My dream day

Last week's Sunday challenge at The Studio Challenges blog was to scrap about a perfect day - one that hasn't happened yet, but that you'd like to have if you could do anything you chose (see the challenge here). I was going to create a layout but ended up with a little booklet instead:



There's obviously a lot of things I could have chosen to happen on a perfect day - like winning the lottery (!) - but I was inspired by Lisa's layout about visiting a city, to record the dream of a trip to London. We had planned to take our daughter up to London for a day over the summer holidays, but unfortunately we didn't have enough money. I don't see us being able to afford it anytime soon either, so I've recorded this little dream to remember that it's something I'd love to do - and hopefully one day we shall!



It was quite fiddly making the 3D city, but I had fun engaging the creative portion of my mind to work out how to do it! And I got an appreciative 'wow' from my daughter when I showed it to her, so I'm happy! xx

7 comments:

sophie said...

Hi!! thank you very much for your comment on my blog! i find your take on this challenge so creative and so personal! i don't think i am able to do such a 3D layout!! well done!

Sian said...

Jennifer, that is so clever :) Love it. And I hope you get your dream day soon.

Lea said...

Wow Jennifer, this is awesome!!! How creative! I hope you get your dream day in soon!

Annie said...

WOW! I love this, it's so cute!

Annie

scrappyjacky said...

What a wonderful interpretation of the challenge...no wonder your daughter loved it.

Anna said...

Wow, this is fab and what a great idea too! Thanks for joining in with us!

Valerie said...

Wow!! This is gorgeous Jennifer! I was hoping someone would make a mini on this topic - This is brilliant - love your 3-d elements!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...