Monday 4 October 2010

Fiskarettes Challenges and a Shimelle Workshop

Hello all. I've been busy crafting away for the Fiskarettes blog. Last week's Monday Challenge was '3D', and I ended up making this decopage photo. I couldn't think what to do for the challenge for ages, but wanted to do something - my husband came up with the idea for this when I moaned about my lack of inspiration. I love the finished project - so well done hubby for a good idea! (More details about this on the Fiskarettes site here).


This week's challenge is to create a card for the GOSH charity - Fiskarettes are supporting Great Ormond Street Hospital by sending in cards for them to sell and raise funds. I've made these 3 cards using Fiskars Christmas Shape Templates and Stamps:




Again, more details on the Fiskarettes site here.

I've also been making my next DT project, which goes live Wednesday, so I'll post about it then - here's a sneak peep to tease you:


Are you intrigued?

Finally, I keep meaning to tell you about a fab opportunity that's available for members of the Fiskarettes site. On the 6th of November at the Hobby Crafts show (NEC Birmingham), Fiskarettes will be having an hour / hour and a half long workshop - hosted by Shimelle Laine! It's free to attend but there's limited space so you have to book, and you need to be a Fiskarette. This just means joining their site - it's free to do so and there's lots of great inspiration over there so what are you waiting for?!! You can see more details about the workshop here.

That's my plug for now! No, seriously, I'm under no obligation to go on about Fiskarettes so much, I'm just really enjoying my time on the site, and thought the workshop was a great opportunity that I should tell you all about!

I've been on the internet for long enough tonight, so I'm off to bed. I might read for a while before I fall asleep, I'm re-reading Persuasion by Jane Austen and I love it. Has anyone else read it? I much prefer Captain Wentworth to Mr Darcy any day!

Thanks for reading! xxx

4 comments:

Rosie Bird-Hawkins said...

I love that last card with the reindeer on.

Captain Wentworth for me any day!

JO SOWERBY said...

hi jennifer this is jojosowerby from the chat on lsned. i too love captain wentworth especially when rupert penry jones played him swoon. i will let u know about the hop asap.
Jo xxxxx
www.curlyscrapbooker.blogspot.com

Rachel Brett said...

I'm intrigued by the sneak peak!!! :)

Lea said...

Love the cards and can't wait to see the rest of the sneak.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...