Tuesday 29 June 2010

Belles of the ball

On Saturday we drove all the way to Margate for a Masonic Provincial Summer Ball. My Grandad, Step-Dad, and now my brother, are all masons, so these kind of events happen quite often, but me and my hubby rarely have enough time or money to attend! This year my Step-Dad is Chairman of the Board of Stewards though, so he wanted to get along as many family members as possible. It was great as I got to spend the evening partying with a lot of my family that I don't get to see very often, as they all live in Kent / Essex. Here's me with my little sister, my mum, and my gran:


There was lots of entertainment, but my favourite was the swing band with music to dance to. Me and my sister were dancing barefoot by the end of the night as our high heels were making our feet sore!


Little one was left at home with my friend Rosie and her fiancee Dave, I think she had lots of fun playing at the beach with them and generally wearing them out. Thank you Rosie for looking after her!

On another note, I have discovered a blog today called Paper Craftorium, a site showcases papercrafters and bloggers. They have a blog hop post on Tuesdays, so I thought I'd join in, you can see the details of the hop here.


I've also just spent a couple of hours trying to work out how to crochet a flower. I'll post the pics of my achievements soon (don't have the camera handy right now!). I'm off to attempt another one now I've worked it out! x

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice to meet you! Lovely photos of these beautiful ladies!!!! Enjoy hopping today with Paper Craftorium!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Dawnll said...

What lovely pictures sweetie!
So glad you joined in the blog hop. So nice to visit your blog

debs14 said...

Lovely photos of you all, how great to get everyone together for such a special occasion.
Barefoot dancing is just the best!

Anonymous said...

Nice to meet you through the Hop!

Looks like a fun time was had!

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

Beautiful pictures!

Janice said...

Beautiful blog! Decided to visit all blogs on the hop

Becky B. said...

Hopping over from the Paper Craftorium blog hop! Love your blog and the gorgeous pics of your fun evening!

Clair said...

Wow! What a beautiful dress you're wearing. That chocolate colour really suits you! You look stunning!

Tony Fossett said...

Hopping over from the Paper Craftorium blog hop! Love your blog and the gorgeous pics of your fun evening!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...