Sunday 27 June 2010

Time for the truth...

Okay, I'm going to let you in on which were the 'true' facts about me from my 'creative writer award' post here.

1. My Teddy Bear once spoke to me. TRUE. Or at least, I believe she did. I'm a believe in dragons, believe in Father Christmas, believe that your toys come alive when you're not looking kind of girl. This might make me a little strange to some of you, but hey-ho, that's who I am! One day I'll tell you about the time I saw a fairy!

2. I own a 'Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone' first edition hardback book. FALSE. Unfortunately! I love the books, and wish I could have gone to Hogwarts. This probably doesn't suprise you after reading the above!

3. I'm a synesthete. FALSE. I don't have this condition - sorry Sian! I find it very intriguing though, as I teach a lot about using the senses in creative writing. Often our students find it hard to fit in descriptions other than what they can see, so it's interesting to get them to push their boundaries and include other senses in their stories and poems. I found out about Synesthesia from this book:

which I bought for my daughter. It's about a little boy who has a trumpet that plays colours and smells as well as music, and it has a bit about synesthesia in the back. I'd been reading the book to my daughter when thinking of my creative facts, so that's what gave me the idea.

4. I'm learning to speak Chinese (Mandarin). FALSE. I'd love to learn a language, as I don't speak anything but English and that makes me feel like an ignorant English person sometimes! I do always try and learn at least a few words of the language when visiting a foreign country, and when I visited Venice I really loved speaking Italian, so that would be great to learn more of. But learning Italian would take up valuable scrapbooking time so maybe not!

5. I am a cover girl. TRUE. I do grace the covers, front and back, of this book (I'm the one in the middle):



I wandered around Bath in regency costume a lot that year - it was lots of fun! I have a little chuckle sometimes, thinking about how many people's holiday snaps I must be in around the world!

So that's that! Hope you found it interesting!

xx

1 comment:

Sian said...

I'm a bit disappointed now lol. You were very convincing on that one! And I love the covergirl fact..that's a great one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...