Monday 7 June 2010

time for relaxing

I'm so busy lately that I really appreciate the short time that I get to relax. It's normally when it's my husband's day off, so we can share nappy changes and play time, and also have a chance to go out and about as a family.

The latest Journaling Junkies challenge is to scrap about what you do on one of your weekend days, and I chose Sunday because that's been Alex's regular day off recently, and because I love car boot sales. Seriously, I'm obsessed with the bargains that can be found! So I chose to use a car boot sale snap as my main piccie for this page:



I used the banana frog stamps that I won on Shimelle's crop party, and behind the stamped circles I stuck a tag which was off an item of clothing bought at the car boot sale. You can read the layout journaling, and join in the challenge yourself, here. I'm also working on giving new life to an item I bought at a car boot, I'll reveal when it's finished!

We've been enjoying the weather over the end of last week and the weekend, it gave my daughter a chance to play in the paddling pool whhich we bought last year - she wouldn't go near it then but now she loves it!


On Sunday it was the 75th Anniversary of the Blue Pool, an old clay pit with woodland walks which is near us. To celebrate it was only 10p entry per person instead of £5, so we took the oppportunity to go and have a picnic and a stroll around. It suprised me how peaceful it was there even though there were lots of people. We saw lots of bright blue dragonflies, and we stopped for a delicious purbeck ice cream on the way out.
Very happy day!


Tomorrow it's back to busy, busy, busy! x

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...