Sunday 31 January 2010

This is why I scrapbook...

Well I've been making a mini book for Shimelle's challenge (see her original post here), and I finally got it finished today. I've been away working this weekend so it's been a bit of a struggle to get it finished, and I've just been having a fight with blogger which wanted to rotate all my photos onto their side - grrr. But I've been determined to get it posted as I had a lot of fun making the album and want to show it off!

I decided my reasons for scrapbooking were:
  1. For Love
  2. To Preserve History
  3. To Capture Moments for the Future
  4. To be part of a Community (inc. Blog Love)
  5. To be Creative (inc. Making Photos look Magical)
  6. For Pretty Papers (and a good Excuse to buy them!)
The size is 4"x8", the covers are chipboard covered in papers, and the rest of the pages are card/paper/acetate. If you want to see more details of papers and embellishments I used see my post here from when I put them all together. I did include other bits from my stash too of course, especially some Anita's gold 'glitterations' lettering and a few sheets of My Mind's Eye 'Wild Asparagus' papers, both which I bought the other day and had to use straight away! (Except I've used a lot of the letters up on this project so of course I had to buy another pack!)

Here's the book:



(I was inspired to put a key on the front after reading a Copy+Paste blog post here, I have been working on a key necklace too which I shall post when finished!)



Journalling reads:

There are not enough words to say how much I love my family and my friends.
Some photos make my heart ache with it, and taking the time and care to scrapbook these helps me express how much I love you.



Journalling reads:

These photos are of my granny and grandad and my nanny and grampa, getting into taxis on their wedding days.
I love that scrapbooking has inspired me to copy their old photos and ask them about their experiences - I don't want their memories to be lost. I can't believe I might not have thought to get these, if it wasn't for my hobby. xxx



Journalling reads:

Without scrapbooking people may forget that we're all laughing because a donkey has just walked past the window!



Journalling (on little heart) reads:

SJ's blog taught me how to make this (arrow to button necklace pic - see my necklace blog post here)




Journalling (inside envelope) reads:

Even though I don't have many direct conversations with other scrapbookers I still feel part of a community, reading blogs helps me to learn and lets me know others share my passion!



SJ's blog also taught me how to make the flower above, see her post here.


Back cover:



I'm incredibly tired now so I'll leave it at that! Hope you like my book, if you like it enough to vote for it, there will be a chance to on Shimelle's blog http://www.shimelle.com/.

xxx

6 comments:

Rachel Brett said...

What a lovely minibook Jen, I think you have captured why you scrapbook perfectly.

Annie said...

It's great! a lovely response to the question!

Unknown said...

what a lovely mini book. I love your reasons for scrapping! great size as well.

Thanks also for the lovelycomments on my blog!! x

Sian said...

I love what you have to say about scrapbooking (and your honest journaling in your lovely album). I agree that being part of the community is one of the reasons I scrapbook too now! Horsey sends his best x

Laura said...

This is so gorgeous! I really love it. Good luck in the competition xx

SarahLP said...

This is a beautiful mini-book, Jennifer - you put so much thought and love into it.. so glad I had a look!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...