Wednesday 10 February 2010

This is why I scrapbook - voting!

Voting is now open on Shimelle's blog for the 'This is why I scrapbook' projects that she inspired. You can see my mini book explaining the reasons why I enjoy this hobby here. If you like mine enough to vote for it then you can do so here, but you should check out the other brilliant interpretations on offer - the competition is steep so I won't feel offended if you prefer another!

My five favourites (other than my own!) are:

Cal at Clearing the Brambles
(for the doodled-edges folding mini-book style which I'm dying to copy)

Helen at Loving the Traditional
(for the different page shapes + sizes, and the way they seem to be coming to life)

Alissa at My World
(for the 'white space' she leaves on her pages that really show off the papers, esp on the 'pretty paper' page)

Annie at 365 Creative Days
(for the fact I love love love the colour scheme she uses, and the chandelier and birdie images)

Angie at the Arty Cottage
(for the messy, fun style with quirky retro touches)

Now I just have to decide which one to vote for! You can vote every day this month so perhaps I'll vote for a couple!

On another note, I've been using the leftovers of the 'kit' I made for the project to make a couple of cards, a birthday card for my niece:



and a birthday card for a currently unknown recipient! :



I still have plenty left in the kit, so I'll probably get a couple more cards and a layout or two out of it!

I have also just made a valentines card for my husband:

Which I really like as it is more simple than my usual style, I like the boldness of it. (Thanks to Leanne's blog for inspiring me to try to declutter my cards!)

I even managed to use up some of the itty-bitty little scraps for some embellishments for future cards / layouts!


Finally it's been a while since I posted any pics of my gorgeous little girl. She's going through that stage at the moment where saying 'cheese' means gurning some very funny facial expressions! Here she is this morning in her new dressing gown:



Ain't she the cutest?!
Bye for now,
x

1 comment:

debs14 said...

I see she's a lover of all things pink! Is that a pink castle and cushion I see in the background? So cute!
I'm keen to start doing some cards this year after 2 years of scrapbooking so love seeing samples of other people's work on their websites. I'm inspired!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...