Friday 15 January 2010

Extended xmas

We didn't manage to get to Kent to see our family there until last weekend, so Christmas lasted until then for us! It was especially festive as they had tons of snow, we were a bit worried we might not make it there because of the weather but had to try as we wouldn't be able to get there for months otherwise because of work. And luckily we arrived there with no mis-haps and to see a beautiful white wonderland! I was in heaven as I love the snow and was gutted we had nothing but a dusting where I live!

It was also useful popping up there as I could stop off at my nan's and take some pics of the acrylic album which I made for her and gramps this xmas but forgot to snap! There's only a few photos as the lighting and background wasn't great but I was pleased to be able to show something of it on here as it took ages to finish!

Here's the cover:


It's a mini-book with photos from when me and my brother and sister were young, and nan and gramps used to take us to the farm to play with the animals and let off steam! We always had great fun and those days are some of my best childhood memories so I wanted nan and gramps to know how much we appreciated the outings!


I went heavy with buttons, ribbon and beige colour papers which gave the pics a nice vintage look and complemented the farm colours. I found glitter glue swirls invaluable for prettying the empty spaces, and it looked good from both sides of the page. I was in doubt about whether to do one of these acrylic albums for myself (on a different theme) as I loved the finished product but it took a lot of careful placing and backing to get there - but after seeing this tutorial: http://lotuspaperie.blogspot.com/2010/01/tuesday-tutorials-heat-embossing-on.html over at Lotus Paperie I know I'm gonna have to get one for myself and give this a go!

While I was in Kent my sister gave me a haircut (she's an almost-qualified hairdresser), I wanted a 1920's style short bob (no fringe!) and I love it. Except it doesn't quite look like this when I style it - I don't put enough effort in!

My daughter had fun opening more xmas pressies, she'd open one, appreciate it for 30 seconds and then ask to open the next one - she's got the present bug alright! Here she is looking happy with her new big Eyeore cuddly - she keeps bringing this to me when I'm sitting at my desk during the day, I think she knows he's too big for me to work around!

Here she is with a little snowman we built with her, he's only little as she didn't really like the snow, fair enough really as it was over her knees in some places! She liked trying to throw snowballs at us though!
She looked very cute all bundled up and with her auntie's hat on! I'm gonna miss this coat whenever she grows out of it, she looks like such a grown up little girl in it!
And finally I need some help! I managed to get these super cute little animal stickers from Asda in the sale, and I want a project to put them on - something that I can put somewhere around the house so they'll catch my eye and make me smile! Any ideas? I'm feeling strangely uninspired and I don't want them to lie forgotten in a drawer!
Let me know if you have any thoughts!
x

1 comment:

Sian said...

That's a gorgeous looking album Jennifer. I like the new haircut too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...