Friday 13 August 2010

Red, White and Aqua

Shimelle's first challenge of the weekend was to scrap with the colours red, white and aqua (or turquoise). Here's my interpretation (click on the photo to see it larger):



The journaling reads:

'This was the first time you had seen a snowfall, and you were fascinated! I don't think you could quite make up your mind about it, even after prodding it and watching it swirl past the window!'

I'm glad I was prompted to use these colours, they really pop from the page! I was also pleased as it pushed me to finally use these huge white alphas - they were the only alphas in my stash the right colour and I didn't want to faff around trying to paint or stamp others. To make them a bit more interesting I added some Glamour Dust along the edges where snow might settle!


Shimelle is mixing it up this crop, by including photo challenges as well as crafting ones, and the first is to take a close-up photograph. I was playing with my little girl all afternoon, so I decided to get some snaps of her toys, as I'd normally focus on her instead. I took quite a few of her train set, and this is my favourite. It's not the best picture of the train, but I like it because you can see her hand in the background pushing it along!



Gotta go, time for more scrapping! xx

2 comments:

Fay aka Beautifullily said...

Those colours work really well with the theme of your layout - gives it some warmth.

Great idea to focus on the toy rather than the child in your photo.

Lea said...

Fabulous LO!!! The red, white, and aqua look great!!! Love the pics!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...