Thursday 26 August 2010

Adventures with Auntie

I think I mentioned the other day that my sister has come to stay with us for a week. So, despite the weather, we have been managing to get out and about a bit. Monday night revealed clearer skies,so we went for a little stroll and picked blackberries, which I'm hoping to turn into apple and blackberry pie at some point:


Tuesday looked promising - the skies were bright blue and the sun was shining. Unfortunately though, the wind was blowing a gale! We went to the beach at Swanage but only managed to eat our crunchy sandy-sandwiches and build a quick castle before we retreated!


We passed a play park, so little one had to have a go on the swings:


And then we convinced her it was time to get out of the blustering wind. She approved of the shelter we chose though - a chocolate shop and cafe called Chococo. We shared this rather yummy fondue:


And then went to Durlston Country Park to try and pick more blackberries. They weren't ripe enough there yet though, so we just had a bit of a stroll:


Yesterday the weather decided to switch back to monotonous rain again, so we went to Southampton for the day. We wandered around the shops, and had lunch in an italian cafe:


Can you tell that someone likes pasta?

The main reason we went to Southampton was to take little one to the Disney Store, as she's not been to one before and she LOVES anything Disney at the moment. So of course she had tons of fun running around the shop and playing with all the toys on display:


I was quite impressed that she didn't moan too much when all I bought her was a pack of knickers! (We're potty training at the moment!)

The rain was horrid on the way home, but we got back to slow cooked lamb which I'd put in before we left, so that cheered us up. Then we continued the Disney theme into the evening after little miss had gone to bed - we played Disney Monopoly and Disney Trivial Pursuit. I lost the first horribly, but won the second, so it was all good!!

I have managed to finish one more scrapbook page, which I shall try and post later. Bye for now! xxx

3 comments:

Sian said...

Eugh! Crunchy sand-wiches. Good to see that you kept cheerful and had fun all the same :)

Meghann Andrew said...

So strange reading this post because Southampton is my old home town. Man, I do not miss West Quay shopping center.

Lea said...

What great pictures!!!
BTW, you got a blog award, go check out my blog to see :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...