Thursday 19 May 2011

I am happy today because...

... we went shopping. I know I shouldn't be so pleased about material things but wait, look what I bought.

First, after checking several shops, I managed to grab the last copy of Mollie Makes off the shelf in Sainsbury's:


Shimelle blogged about the magazine the other day here (her post also contains an awesome project to turn a t-shirt into a ruffled cardi), and I was dying to have a look. But the mag is selling out fast, so I'm glad to have got hold of a copy! I can't wait to read it later, probably in a hot bath with a bar of choc to hand. I haven't been so excited about a magazine since Scrapbook Inspirations was cancelled.

That purchase was enough to put a big smile on my face for the afternoon. Then, I went into TK Maxx (a UK store which sells discount brand-name clothes etc) - they often have random craft bargains. Today they had these scrapbook packs of We R Memory Keepers papers and embellies, reduced to £2:


I couldn't open them up while in the store, but it looked like they had a few sheets of paper and a couple of packs of embellies in each, and there was lots of different themed packs, so I bought four packs. Then, when I got home and tipped it all out, I was very excited to find all this:


That's 8 x glitter papers, 14 x double sided papers, 2 x sewn cardstock, 8 x die cut papers (so total 32 sheets of paper/card), one pack of layered chipboard and one of buttons, 2 packs of brads, a die-cut journal pad, self adhesive glitter lace, one sheet of dimensional stickers and one of rub-ons. All for £8! 

It includes the ranges '72 & Sunny', 'Tiffany', and 'Madame Royale', with one or two other random bits. I especially love the 72 & Sunny products, they really fit with my love of brights at the moment. I can't wait to play with it all.

So now you can see why shopping made me happy today! If you have a TK Maxx nearby then go check it out!

Have you made any fabulous purchases lately? x

3 comments:

alexa said...

Now there's some bright embellies! We can't get Mollie's magazine locally but I bought a digital copy. :)

Sian said...

I need to get to TK Maxx!

Saw the magazine and loved it. I have made the the little cover up already too. That's what I thought too - Future Publishing has almost redeemed themselves.

Thanks for the Pinterest invite, I signed up and I'll really get stuck in later on tonight.

Sarah said...

Now, that's what i call my kinda shopping trip!! i had a flick through a copy of the mag but resisting buying....I get SB mag & Simply homemade anyway so can't justify another right now!! My latest purchase is a Fiskars {Bracket} border punch which i can't wait to use! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...