I have had an action packed Easter Weekend, and none of it was to do with Easter. In fact, it was my friend Rosie's 30th birthday, and we got up to all kinds of fun...
1. On good Friday, her actual birthday, we went to Rosie's house in the afternoon and spent a couple of hours giving her some cards and presents, eating muffins, and chilling out in her garden:
|The birthday girl with my baby boy.|
2. We made a multicoloured birthday cake:
3. And in the evening some lovely friend's of mine babysat so that we could go out for dinner. The food was delicious, but even better was the view straight onto Swanage beach, watching the sun go down:
4. And after the meal we took a short stroll along the cool, moonlit sand:
5. Us girlies went back to Rosie's house for a sleepover after the meal, where we painted our nails, chatted a lot, and played Band Hero and Disney Trivial Pursuit:
6. And the next morning we did facials, including some gorgeous facemasks:
7. On Saturday evening, after a delicious barbeque, the girlies went out for dancing:
8. And enjoyed a few cocktails:
9. And then on Easter Sunday, we spent a fabulous day forming a girl punk band (one of Rosie's lifelong dreams!). We are called Rosie and the Rockettes, and I am the drummer (with limited skills!). We had great fun dressing up and doing a photo shoot:
10. And we even recorded a few songs, and made a video for one of them:
So, you can see I had a fun filled weekend! I was quite tired by the end of it, and so was my husband as he'd been looking after the kids by himself quite a lot! Back to normal life now, at least until Rosie and the Rockettes become a hit and I have to start touring the country...!
I hope you had a lovely Easter too! x