Saturday 31 March 2012

March in Numbers

It's time to numerically re-cap the month again... if you want to find out more about this blogging phenomenon, started by Julie Kirk, then see more info on her blog here, or her post for this month here.

Sorry I've been absent for the last part of this month, but things have been busy here, as you shall discover! Here's my March in numbers:

£109 money spent on an eye test and new glasses at Specsavers. My eyes hadn't changed much, but my glasses were a few years old and a bit scratched. Plus this time I got sunglasses too which makes me happy!
















The Secret Seven - the team name we chose when I went to a pub quiz with some friends. We came 3rd, which meant we got no prize, but were proud of ourselves anyway!

3.08hrs spent on a train to London to get to a Masonic Ladie's night - a big deal for my mum as she was the 'Lady' of the night, because my step-dad was president of the lodge for the year previously. There were 680 people there, enjoying comedy. dancing, and delicious food. We had a brilliant time, I drank way too much wine, and had fun partying with my siblings and folks!

Me, my sister, and my brother, all dressed up!













16th March - the date my first magazine feature (3 pages long) came out in Popular Crafts (see my previous post if you want to know more!)

4 years old - the age of my daughter now, after her birthday on the 19th. I 'interviewed' her and discovered she wants to be a 'real ballerina' when she grows up! We had a birthday tea that day with just us and my friend Rosie, and then the next morning 5 of her little friends came round for a party. There was a treasure hunt, pass-the-parcel, and of course - cake! I think my daughter loved every minute!















































9.17am - the time of my practical driving test on the 22nd of March... and I passed, yay! I drove to Tescos that evening on my own to do a food shop - very glamorous!













Two games that I won, out of four games of scrabble, played when my dad was down last weekend. We always play scrabble in the evenings when he's down, but I'm not usually the weekend champion!

12 chipolatas, 6 sausages, 3 chicken breasts, and 4 homemade lamb and mint burgers, plus sweetcorn and veggie kebabs, cooked on our first barbeque of the year, when a couple of my friends came round for dinner and crafting. I can't believe we were cooking a barbeque in March - the weather has been amazing!

And finally... 16 degrees C - the temperature it got up to on Thursday, for the first time I took the kids to the beach by myself. It was very exciting, as the whole reason we moved to Dorset was for these lovely beaches, and I've not used them as much as I'd like because they're hard to get to on my own. Not now I can drive though! I'm looking forward to lots of days out this summer... that's assuming I can get petrol, something that's easier said than done here at the moment!

































Phew, that was a lot of numbers, it's been a bit hectic! I forsee April being a bit busy too, with a dinner party, then my friend's 30th birthday weekend, plus another lovely visit from my sister. And I think I'm going to finally make it to Ally Pally for the Big Stamp and Scrapbooking show too. Fun things to come!

Bye for now, x

14 comments:

Alison said...

Congrats on passing your Driving Test..you HAVE had a busy month!
Alison xx

Julie Kirk said...

Wow, many congratulations! Bravo on being published - I'm so happy for you!! And 'yay' for passing your test. I hope you'v been celbrating and are suitably proud of yourself.

Your daughter is impossibly cute in that birthday photo.

Oh and I *love* the specs. Very nice indeed.

I've pinned you to the board now: http://pinterest.com/notesonpaper/my-month-in-numbers/

Thanks for finding time amid all your successes to join in.

Julie :-)

Daphne said...

Is that Studland Beach you went to on Thursday?! I drove there on Wednesday and had a sunny walk to Old Harry Rocks! So we nearly met ;)

Effie said...

Well done on passing your test!.. Great Month in Numbers.

Ruth said...

What a amazing post and such fabulous things to celebrate ~ well done!

Maria Ontiveros said...

Love the birthday and sibling pictures!
Rinda

Nathalie said...

So much going on and so much to celebrate!!! I enjoyed reading your numbers this month!

Lou said...

A month of celebrations..congrats on passing your test. Love the beach photos.

Sian said...

What a lovely post full of celebrations! Very cheery on a cold Monday lunchtime here. I like it!

alexa said...

What a lot to celebrate! Msny congratulations on passing your driving test - it gave me more freedom than getting a degree ever did! And the photos of your children are delightful ...

Lisa-Jane said...

Goodness what a busy month!? Your little girl looks very happy on her special day.

Susanne said...

Great snapshots - they total up to great month from the looks of it.

Clair said...

Such a packed month - driving test, publication, parties! Phew! :)

Claire said...

Well done on passing your driving test & Happy birthday to your DD.
C xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...