Thursday 19 April 2012

SJ Crafts Challenge #4

Hello all,

It's time for SJ Crafts Challenge Number 4, and this time the theme is 'Favourites', see here for more information, and to join in! You can make any papercraft project using your favourite papers or techniques, or scrapbook about something that is your favourite (eg. things or a place). Here's my page to give you a bit of inspiration:

Supplies include: MME Kraft Funday Good times paper, MME Miss Caroline favorite madras paper and cute brads, Glitz Teeny teeny alphas, Prima pearls and crystals, and Pink Paislee Mistable Alphas.






























I chose to use my favourite type of photo to scrap - a beach photo. Regular readers will know I'm lucky enough to live by some lovely beaches, and I seem to get a few great photos each time we visit them. I think it's a combination of good light, an unbroken horizon for a background, and relaxed people to photograph as we all have fun or chill out by the seaside. 

I also used my favourite colour - the turquoise blue shade of the My Mind's Eye paper, and some favourite techniques of painting, machine stitching, and scattering gems / brads. 

Have you got a favourite type of photo or colour that you love to scrap with? Or a favourite technique to use?

x

3 comments:

Lou said...

I don't think i have a favourite colour or techinigue Jennifer. I use black a lot it seems and i prefer the brighter bolder papers......maybe because it reminds me of warm sunny days.

Your layout is lovely - the turquoise is a good choice for your photo x

alexa said...

The blue and its pattern is such a perfect seaside-y accompaniment for this photo! Glad the little ones get hugs, even if they are not widely available - hoping you get your share!

Sian said...

I love the thoughtful journaling on this one Jennifer. Makes it special.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...