Seeing as I've been telling you how much I'm loving Glitz Design, first in my CHA product picks post, and then with this Mother's Day card, and this 'Go' layout, among others, then you probably aren't surprised that I'm entering the Glitz Design and Gossamer Blue 'Guest Designer' Contest!
I've made two entries, a layout and a card. The layout is bright and summery - I feel like I need to scrap photos like this at the moment to remind me that the weather will heat up at some point (it will, won't it?!). I've used mainly the Color Me Happy collection as it's so cheerful...
Live for Adventure:
For the photo panel I cut a rectangle through the 'Woodgrain' paper, to turn it into a frame. The whole woodgrain sheet is adhered with 3D foam tape to enhance the frame effect. I built the background using a 12x12 sheet of white cardstock, which is then collaged with scraps of paper from the Color Me Happy 6x6 pad (and one from Uncharted Waters). I like how they disappear beneath the frame:
At the base of the photo panel I border punched some stars using an American Crafts Knock Out Border Punch. I left the cardstock to show beneath them so they stood out more.
I sprinkled some white mist drops around the title, and heat embossed the 'Chevrons' Roller Doodle pointing towards it, so it didn't get lost with all the bright colours above it. I also added the 'follow your dreams' giant rhinestone as a subtitle, I adore the multi-coloured letters in it:
It makes me feel warmer and brighter just looking at this page!
Here's the card I made as a second entry, a birthday card for my Dad. He loves the seaside, so the Uncharted Waters collection was perfect to send him some wishes...
Here's how to make the card:
1. Roll Glitz's 'Woodgrain' Roller Doodle in parallel lines over a 5½" square of dark kraft, using a dark brown ink pad. Then trim this kraft square down to 4¾" square, to cut off the imperfect edges.
2. Trim some yellow, chalkboard effect, and blue diamond patterned papers from the Uncharted Waters 6x6 pad down to 4¼" wide. My blue piece is 1" tall, the chalkboard piece is just over ¼" tall, and the yellow piece just over 3⅜" tall. Adhere all these to the centre of your stamped kraft square.
3. Machine stitch around the edge of these coloured papers, using off-white thread. Adhere the kraft square to a cream 5x5" card blank.
4. Add an anchor from the Uncharted Waters 'What-Nots' using 3D foam dots. Stick a giant rhinestone to the top of the anchor. Add the recipients name in the top right corner of the card using mini-alphas (Cashmere Dame) and dot four blue rhinestones around the anchor.
5. Heat emboss your sentiment onto cream cardstock, I used brown ink and clear embossing powder. Ink the edges of the sentiment's rectangle, and adhere on top of your anchor.
Then give to someone sea-worthy!
Have my projects made you feel summery or sea-sidey today? Are you desperate for warmer weather like me?
Wish me luck in the contest!