Friday 1 February 2013

My February Counterfeit Kit - DT Blog Hop!

Hello and welcome to a new month of Counterfeiting! If you don't know what this is all about then head over to the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog, where lots of lovely scrapbookers spend each month making kits from their existing stash, and then using it up!

Today is the reveal of all the Design Team's February Counterfeit Kits. You should have arrived here from the wonderful JimJams, but if you've missed any out you can always go back to the start and see the Master List. Once you've taken a look at my kit you should be hopping on to the lovely Julie! This month our kits are based on the fantastic 'Chasing Pavements' Kit by the Scraptastic Club. It's full of greens, blues, arrows and chevrons. Here's my take on it:


I may have made a slightly larger kit than I did last month. Okay, it's a lot larger! When I first saw the Chasing Pavements kit I knew I had lots of newer stash that I could use for it. But I wanted to make sure I was using up old stash, so I went through my older stuff first, found lots, and then still chucked the newer stuff on top! There's nothing wrong with a big kit, right? It just means I have a lot of creating to do this month...

I also added some pops of red and orange to my kit, taking inspiration from the Studio Calico arrows in the Chasing Pavements kit. I knew I'd find it hard to stick to green and blue!

Here's the papers, large sticker sheets, and alphas:


12x12" Papers: Crate Paper Storyteller 'Tomorrow', Pink Paislee Portfolio 'Unbelievable', Heidi Grace A Little Bird's Tale 'Story', Pink Paislee Portfolio 'Amazing', Echo Park For the Record 2 'Chevrons', TPC Studio Blips and Bleeps 'Stacking Up', Cosmo Cricket Odds and Ends 'Junk Drawer', Echo Park This and That Charming 'Swirls', Basic Grey Aged & Confused 'Corrugated', Making Memories Children at Play 'Paper Toys', Basic Grey Aged & Confused 'Pharsighted, Blue Paper with Polkadots from an old Papermania Pad, Echo Park For the Record 2 'Just my Type'.

Other Size Papers: 6x6 Papers from Pink Paislee Portfolio, Papermania Happy Days and Portobello Road, and Bazzill Basics Papers Dino-Mite. Offcuts of paper from Pink Paislee Portfolio, Octopus paper from a DCWV All About Boys stack, a small piece of Basic Grey Sultry 'Citron', Echo Park This and That Charming Borders, and A Heidi Swapp Colour Magic Memory File.

Stickers and Alphas: PinkPaislee Old School Border Stickers, Echo Park 12x12" Sticker sheets from For the Record 2 and This and That Charming, Thickers numbers 184 and 231, Papermania Green Cardstock alphas, Crate Paper Acorn Avenue Mini Alphas, Simple Stories Sn@p Mini Alphas, and Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type Cream.

Here's the journaling blocks, stamps, and tags:


All of the journaling blocks, stamps, and tags are from either Pink Paislee, Echo Park, or Elle's Studio, expect for a ruler stamp from Maya Road, some tab stamps from Studio Calico, and a few handmade journaling blocks (more about these tomorrow).

Finally here are the other embellishments:


The arrows down the left are mostly handcut from a sheet of Echo Park Note to Self paper, plus a couple are from an old Basic Grey embellishment sheet. Then there's lots of gems (of course), from Papermania and My Mind's Eye, plus some pearls from Kaiser Scrapbook. The Label stickers and Photo Tabs are from Pink Paislee Portfolio. The two vellum bags are handmade, and the paper bag was from an Elle's Studio kit. There's buttons from Bazzill Basics Dino-Mite, and a random selection from my stash. I've added red Liquid Pearls, and Mister Huey Honor Society and Letter Jacket Mists. The Flair is from Scrap and Create, and the Wood Veneers are Freckled Fawn. There's a small piece of a Hambly Overlay. The stickers are Dino-Mite and the Photo Frames are Portfolio. Plus I added a few random washi tapes, twine pieces, and butterflies!

Phew! That lot should keep me going for a while, don't you think? It should certainly be good for some boy pages, and I added lots of 'everyday' bits too as I want to capture some of those 'little moments' in my projects this month. We'll see how it goes!

I'll be back tomorrow (February 2nd) with tutorials for how I made these:


See you then! Don't forget to hop on to Julie at His Glory Girl to see what goodies are in her kit this month!

x

P.S. Did you see the desk calendar I made with the last of my January Counterfeit kit? It's right HERE!

29 comments:

Lisa J said...

Oh wow Love your kit. So many pretty things.

Unknown said...

That is one monster of a kit!!! It's a real beauty though, there is nothing that I don't love.....looking forward to seeing what you do with it :0)

Lea Lacoste said...

That's a LOT of stuff! love those little envelopes.

Clair said...

Um. Wow. WWhat aan exciting kit - love itit all, but can't wait to see how you made the cloud envie. *swoon*

Clair said...

Ugh. Keyboard went crazy and posted all sorts! I can spell....honest :)

Sarah said...

OOh, me thinks you're going to be busy with that lot!! Loving all the arrows and journalling bits!! xx

Margie said...

Wow, your kit is huge!! Gorgeous, though!

Sian said...

Big kit! But I reckon sometimes a luscious big pile of stuff can get the inspiration going - so go for it!

Angela Toucan said...

wowzers, that's one huge beautiful kit. Those bags are so pretty too.

sassyscrapper said...

What a fantastic array of goodies! Can't wait to see how you made those FAB little bags. That cloud paper is great.

Tammy said...

Awesome kit. So many fun goodies there. Can't wait to see what you create! :)

angie gutshall said...

Love the colors and there are lots of goodies to play with! Have fun and can't wait to see what you create!

glorygirl said...

AWESOME kit!!! Especially loving those envelopes!

Fleursbydesign said...

Beautiful kit, so pretty :)

Lou said...

an impressive kit Jennifer - it's going to be a very creative February x

alexa said...

Lots of pretty things in here, not least that lovely combination of fresh turquoise blues/oranges ... I can't imagine how long it takes to put a lit and the list together!

Jimjams said...

Another HUGE kit - I'm expecting LOTS of loveliness from you this month!

LB whosthischick said...

Wow that is a huge kit. I couldn't possibly get through that in a month

Roxy said...

Wow, what a gorgeous kit! Have fun, and can't wait to see your tutorial!

kate blue said...

wowo! Huge kit! That means you have to do about 20 layouts LOL!

Rebecca at How I Burb said...

I love your gigantic kit, so much great stuff!! Love your envelopes/bags, too, looking forward to your tutorial.

Julene Matthews said...

You've made a major kit there.Have fun using all that stuff up.

Julie H said...

Yes it is a big kit but it looks super-fun! I love how you've mixed old and new supplies together, and am loving your stamps and embellies.

MiliPea Designs said...

A big kit just means more choices, right?! I love your kit. Those journal blocks and stamps are fantastic and my favorite part of your kit - but I do tend to hoard my share of journal blocks. LOL!

joyce rodli said...

awesome.

li-bee-ti said...

A huge and fantastic kit! and you really should be usuing it now... LOL
Love your stamps and embellishments.

Sherri Everett Thompson said...

Wow-gorgeous Mega kit! I especially love the stamp set and your vellum bags! That cloud bag is adorable! Thanks so much for sharing-can't wait to see your projects this month!

mandysea said...

Oooh I love MEGA kits!! Your's is just fabulous... I want to come to your place and play with your gorgeous papers and embellies!

Unknown said...

That is a MEGA kit! It will be fun to see what you create with it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...