Saturday 6 October 2012

One Sketch, Three Cards - It's World Cardmaking Day!

Happy World Cardmaking Day! To join in with this event, started by the wonderful Paper Crafts Connection, I decided to break open my recent stash arrivals - some of the Pink Paislee Artisan collection. I was a little nervous about putting mist to paper, so to get me started I drew a sketch, and challenged myself to make three different cards from it:


I had so much fun with this! On all the cards I used Pink Paislee Artisan Resistable 8x8 papers, Elements Circles, and Zig-Zag Ribbons. I also used Heidi Swapp's 'Mint Green' Color Shine Spritz on each one, and the Lawn Fawn 'Grand Greetings' Stamp set. Then each card has a couple of different items too:

Happy Birthday:


The 6x6" Happy Birthday Card also includes some Pink Paislee Artisan Resistable stars, Mr Huey 'Pretty Pink' Mist, Tattered Angels Chalkboard 'Firefly' Glimmer Mist, and some 'White Opal' Liquid Pearls:


Thanks So Much:


 The Thanks So Much card was 6x6" Square, but I drew around a circle template and cut it out to create a circular card - making sure to leave a join on the left, and cutting a small flat line along the bottom of the circle too, to help the card stand up. 

This card has extras of a Sharpie pencil to colour the large Artisan Circle, Heidi Swapp 'Gold Lame' Color Shine Spritz on the ribbon (love how it sparkles), a cloud from the Artisan 'Family' Words, and some yellow gems:


Just Saying Hello:


 The Just Saying Hello card is 4x8", and I flipped the sketch a bit for this one. I used the Tattered Angels 'Firefly' mist on the background, so the resist pattern was very subtle, and then I splattered some Mr Huey 'Clay' Mist on top. I also used the Martha Stewart Doily Lace Edger Border Punch on some Resistable paper, coloured in the circle with a Sharpie Pencil again, and added some green pearls and some 'White Opal' Liquid Pearls:


What do you think? Can you see how all three came from the sketch?


Are you joining in with World Cardmaking Day today? If you're looking for inspiration feel free to use my sketch! If you are making cards what products will you be using? Got anything new you could break into?


Make sure you check out all kinds of thing going on today - lots of manufacturers are having celebrations with giveaways or challenges, Paper Crafts Connection has inspirations and giveaways on the Paper Crafts Magazine Blog, and there's a Blog Hop you can check out with hundreds of bloggers posting something card related today!

I hope you have a wonderful day! x

(P.S. If you're new here, don't forget to check out my upcoming Frosty Festivities Blog Event, or my Tutorials page! And I'm quite happy if you want to 'pin' anything - just make sure you pin from the original post! You can follow me on Pinterest here.)

12 comments:

humel said...

Oh wow, these are wonderful - yes, I can see how each came from the sketch, but I love how different they all are, too :)

scrappyjacky said...

Love what you've come up with.

Mandalika said...

Such a great idea to do your own sketch and challenge yourself. I like them all but especially the yellow one - so bright and happy.

Margie Higuchi said...

Happy WCMD! Wonderful take on the sketch - all three of them! WOW!

dogmatix said...

Love the cards and love how different they all look. I will be taking the sketch to work tonite to see if it can help 'Jean' come back....she has been seriously missing in my creative life this past few weeks :-(

Tammy said...

Awesome take on the sketch. These cards are fantastic but I really love just saying hello with the yellow and blue. Such a pretty combo! :)

Maria Ontiveros said...

Very cool! Maybe I'll make a few Halloween cards with my scraps after I finish the other project on which I'm working.
Rinda

Alison said...

Lovely cards Jennifer..and I can definately see how they have come from he sketch!
Alison xx

Mary Pat Siehl said...

you rocked that sketch!

Sandie said...

You have been busy - the cards are great :)

Unknown said...

What a fantastic trio of cards!

Tracy said...

Lovely cards. I love all your takes on your sketch.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...